Becoming Digitally Conscious
BDC project targeted to the promotion of healthy digital habits among young people.The goal is to make this group aware of the potential dangers of making an excessive use of digital devices, such as psychological disorders. The project will contribute to increasing quality, innovation and recognition of youth work, supporting the sharing of methods to address the opportunities and implications of digitalization.
Start: 01-01-2022 – End: 30-06-2024
EU Grant: 240,436,00 EUR
Key Action: KA2 YOUTH ERASMUS-YOUTH-2021-CB
Action Type: ERASMUS-LS
- NGO Nest Berlin (Ger)
- CSI Center for Social Innovation LTD (Cyprus)
- Bosnian Representatives Association for Valuable Opportunities (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- VIZIONI I RI2016 (Albania)
- Mladiinfo Montenegro (Montenegro)
“Becoming Digitally Conscious” is a Capacity Building project targeted to the promotion of healthy digital habits among young people (between 18 and 25 years old) living in the European and Western Balkans area. The goal is to make this group aware of the potential dangers of making an excessive use of digital devices, such as psychological disorders (e.g., eating disorders anddepression).
Target groups have been defined as:
-Young people in general, especially those that spend a lot of time online. It may seem contradictory to use digital channels when trying to raise awareness about excessive internet use, however, we believe it is a strategic move. The individuals who are at higher risk of becoming addicted clearly spend a lot of time online and, therefore, social media is supposed to be a successful tool to reach them.
-Educational institutions and Youth associations. Their targeting supports the continuation of the project thanks to the use of deliverables or the hosting of the workshops.
-Decision makers of the formal education sector.
Project objectives is supportive of the identified priorities as follows:
- to develop a program of educational activities for young people in the conscious use of digital devices
- to train a cluster of youth workers who can implement these educational activities
- to successfully raise awareness about the effects of excessive internet use around the partner countries
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
This proposal is based on the “Theory of Change” methodology, because we wish to have a concrete impact on society, making changes happen based on the needs identified. Non-formal education practices will be used for the program design, testing and implementation as experience has proven that it is a great tool to contribute to social promotion and community strengthen due to its cooperative nature (group dynamics are used for the learning process, instead of competitive exercises).
- Youth Exchange: 5 young people (age 18-25) per partner
- Local Workshops: youth workers trained and targeted to young people (18-25years old)
- Dissemination Events: possible collaborators of future activities; general citizens (especially young people); decision makers from the educational sector.
IO 1:“Educational program on the conscious use of digital devices”
IO 2:“Healthy Digital Use Ambassadors Toolkit”