REVITALIZE THE SCHOOLYARDS as valuable sporting resources for the community
The purpose of the REVITALIZE THE SCHOOLYARDS as valuable sporting resources for the community” project is to study, create, test anddisseminate a strategic administrative mechanism managed by municipalities and designed to stimulate local partnerships between sportsorganisations and schools in order to co-govern, take care and regenerate the schoolyards, as valuable commons to expand and improvethe supply of recreational sport practices, in a capillary way and through replicable and sustainable financing scheme.
Start: 01-07-2022 End: 31-12-2024
Project ID: 101049089
EU Grant: 80 000,00 EUR
Key Action: ERASMUS-SPORT-2021-SCP
Action Type: ERASMUS-LS
- L ORMA SOCIETA SPORTIVA DILETTANTISTICA A RESPONSABILITA LIMITATA (Italy)
- DEPORTE PARA LA EDUCACION Y LA SALUD (Spain)
- PANEPISTIMIO THESSALIAS (Greece)
- FEDERATION DES ASSOCIATIONS DES CAPITALES ETVILLES EUROPEENNES DU SPORT AISBL (Belgium)
- CONSELHO NACIONAL DAS ASSOCIACOES DOSPROFISSIONAIS DE EDUCACAO FISICA E DESPORTO CNAPEF (Portugal)
- NGO NEST BERLIN EV (Germany)
The overall aim of this project is to study, create, test and disseminate a strategic administrative mechanism managed by municipalities and designed to stimulate local collaborative partnerships between sports organizations and schools in order to co-govern, take care and regenerate the schools’ open-air spaces, as valuable commons to expand and improve the provision of recreational sport practices, in an innovative way and in new close-to-home venues.
The direct target group of the project are children, as well as the overall community, making physical activity more accessible for them, through a real impact on schools, sport organizations and municipalities.
The specific objectives that will guide the collaboration are:
1) Transform the unused or under – used potential of schools’ outdoor spaces into valuable community resources to support new forms of physical activity and grassroots sport opportunities;
2) Contribute actively to refurbish/reconstruct/replace/maintain (out)dated school external areas and/or provide new roofed areas for polyvalent sporting destination;
3) Improve quantity but also quality of both physical education curricula and community grassroots sport supply, by focusing on multifunctional outdoor venues to favour the development of innovative multisport programs combined with not – formal education and life skills games;
4) Empower local people to invest in and care for the school open-air spaces within a Community of Practice(CoP) that shares a common concern toward local quality sport facilities;
5) Facilitate investment by sport organizations to improve availability and programmability of accessto safe, clean, suitable (and affordable) sport facilities within school context.
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
The project methodology combines:
- COLLABORATIVE MANAGEMENT: sharing work packages responsibilities between partners
- MOBILITY & TRANSNATIONAL MEETINGS: exchange & mutualization of expertises
- SUBSIDIARITY & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: participatory logic of Communities of Practice 4. EVIDENCE-BASED APPROACH: scientific surveys & experimental case studies
KEY EVENTS will be organized in all the countries of the partners organizations:
- Training: Carrying out the training of the team of Ambassadors
- Conference: Organization of the final public international conference
DEVELOPMENT OF THE E-PLATFORM: This management platform should support the application of the modelled administrative mechanism to the context of different cities, thanks to automated virtual procedures (Local Surveys, management of Calls for proposals, collecting community’s projects, online training tools).
DISSEMINATION MATERIALS about “Adopt a School Playground” will also be provided:
- promotional materials, information package
- training pills & pedagogical or administrative toolkit
LABEL: Creation of the Label “Adopt a School Playground” which implies that local sport organisations take care of the schoolyards in a regenerative way and lead the CoP.
NETWORK: Building an European Thematic Network on school outdoor recreational sport to connect the different labeled Local CoP and facilitate exchange and sharing.