PIROUETTE (Performative arts for youth engagement and community regeneration)
“Pirouette” is a 24-months Capacity Building aimed at promoting the use of performative street arts such as circus, street dance and street painting as an innovative NFE methodology to foster social and civic engagement of youth and, eventually led to a community-led regeneration of urban/disadvantaged areas. The idea behind the project stems from the recognition of youth’s social and civic engagement as a driving force for community development.
Start: 01 April 2022 End: 31 March 2024
Project Reference: 101051766 (ID)
EU Grant: 153265,00 EUR
Key Action: KA2 ERASMUS-YOUTH-2021-CB
Action Type: ERASMUS-LS
- NGO NEST BERLIN EV [GER]
- Q Code Social Club [IT]
- UDRUZENJE AGENCIJA LOKALNE DEMOKRATIJE IZ MOSTARA (Bosnia andHerzego) [BA]
- The Youth of Ura [AL]
Use of performative street arts such as circus, street dance and street painting as an innovative NFE methodology for the recognition of youth’s social and civic engagement as a driving force for community development
Target groups of Pirouette can be divided into two groups:
- Young educators, youth workers and trainers from programme and partner organizations.
- Young people living in urban and/or disadvantaged areas
- Young people with an artistic background or a background in eventorganization
- Youth organizations and NGOs, cultural associations, civil societyorganizations (CSO), etc.
The project objectives, in line with the EU priorities in the field of Youth, are:
- Foster young people’s active participation in society by providing them,through NFE methods,with skills and competences necessary to carry outcommunity-based cultural initiatives usingperformative arts and street arts.
- Foster processes of regenerationof urban and/or disadvantaged areasthrough arts and cultureand youth-driven initiatives that may end up with thecreation of civil society organizations(CSO).
- Foster cooperation across different regions of the world through transnationalnon-formallearning mobility between Programme and Partner Countries.
• Contribute to the implementation of European Youth Goals 1 and 9: buildinginclusivesocieties and provide space and participation for all (EU Youth Strategy2019-2027).
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
Non-Formal Education (NFE) methodology through use of performative street arts such as circus, street dance and streetpainting.
A Training Course will take place in Berlin (Germany) with a duration of 7 days. Participants will be 4 youth workers from each partner organizations, for a total of 16 participants, plus 2 trainers.
The Youth Exchange will be organized in Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina) with 4 young people (+1 group leader) per partner country, 20 participants in total.
For more information visit our Facebook page!