PIROUETTE – Performative Arts for Youth Engagement and Community Regeneration
PIROUETTE is a project aiming at promoting the use of performative street arts such as circus, street dance and street painting as an innovative NFE methodology to foster social and civic engagement of youth, leading eventually to a community-led regeneration of urban/disadvantaged areas. The idea behind the project stems from the recognition of youth’s social and civic engagement as a driving force for community development.
Start date: 01/04/2022 End date: 31/03/2024
Project Reference: 101051766
EU Grant: 153.265 EUR
Key Action: KA 2
Action Type: Capacity Building (Youth)
- NGO Nest Berlin e.V. [DE] (Coordinator)
- Q Code Social Club [IT]
- LDA Mostar [BA]
- The Youth of Ura [AL]
- Use of performative street arts such as circus, street dance and street painting as an innovative NFE methodology
- Recognition of youth’s social and civic engagement as a driving force for community development
- Young people living in urban and/or disadvantaged areas
- Young people with an artistic background
- Young educators
- Youth workers and organizations
- Trainers from programme and partner organizations, NGOs
- Foster young people’s active participation in society by providing them through NFE methods, with skills and competences necessary to carry out community-based cultural initiatives using performative arts and street arts.
- Foster processes of regeneration of urban and/or disadvantaged areas through arts and culture and youth-driven initiatives that may end up with the creation of civil society organizations (CSO).
- Foster cooperation across different regions of the world through transnational non-formal learning mobility between Programme and Partner Countries.
The idea behind the project stems from the recognition of youth’s social and civic engagement as a driving force for community development. Specific objectives are:
- The inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities through the participation in mobilities and local activities, designed to provide them with the skills needed to carry out community-led performing arts festivals / projects / initiatives autonomously.
- The promotion of the values of democracy and tolerance among young people who will pass these values through their more familiar tools: that of the arts.
- Planting seeds for peace and post-conflict reconciliation through the empowerment of young people thanks to the encounter of peers with different cultural background, the exchange of ideas.
(1) Training Format
(3) Mobility of youth workers
(4) Youth Exchange
(5) Local activities
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@pirouette77