Sport Trainers Squared – STS
It is known that migrants are underrepresented in sport activities at different levels. European scholars support the hypothesis on the benefits of sport for ethnic inclusion. The participants of this project will determine methods that can be used to prepare migrants to become sport trainers. The initiative will identify the existing knowledge of sport coaches in this field and elaborate an aimed online course.
Start date: 01/01/2023 End date: 03/06/2025
PROJECT REFERENCE: 2022-SCP- 101090926
EU GRANT: 250.000,00 EUR
KEY ACTION: KA 2
ACTION TYPE: Cooperation Partnerships (Sport)
- Fundacja Ukraina [PL] (Coordinator)
- NGO Nest Berlin e.V. [DE]
- L’Orma Società Sportiva dilettantistica a responsabilità limitata [IT]
- Radiotelevizija Slovenija Javni Zavod Ljubljana [SL]
- Symplexis [GR]
- Asociacion cultural y deportiva Lahoya [ES]
- Encourage social inclusion and equal opportunities through sport.
Sport coaches, immigrants who want to improve their curriculum and work in the field of sport.
- Identify methods and practices to be used to prepare migrants to become sport trainers, and to produce a training format.
- Identify the existing knowledge of sport coaches to train migrants, elaborating an online course based on their needs.
- Empower disadvantaged migrants and prepare them to become Sport Instructors through ETS.
According to the White Paper on Sports (2007) “the accessibility of sport activity needs to be ensured for all citizens (…) the specific needs and situation of under-represented groups must be addressed”. The participants of the “Sport Trainers Squared” project will determine methods that can be used to prepare migrants to become sport trainers. The initiative will identify the existing knowledge of sport coaches to train migrants and elaborate an online course based on their needs. Most importantly, it will empower disadvantaged migrants and prepare them to become Sport Instructors through ETS, which also will help their further professional activation. The research will lead to the identification of the needs of migrants and sport coaches. Then, the methodology of elaboration of educational products will allow creating both a training format for migrants and to elaborate educational curriculum of sport trainers, which will be adapted to online settings and inserted in a web platform.
(2) Educational Curriculum and Training Format