“Together to guarantee cyber-safety and prevent cyber-bullying in schools” (CYBER-SAFETY) aims at preparing the young people aged 13-18 yowith the right set of tools toengage and recognize episodes of cyberbullying and how to get out of those situations. Indoing so, it will also prepare teachers and professor to face the topic and to engage withteenagers on the risks of the online world”Most of these tools, can be accessed with aminimum round of control on age, simply by assessing of being over 18. This leaves an opendoor on what could be a very dark world for teenagers that do not have the right knowledgeand skills to assess danger in an unknown territory in which most of the times you need to useyour soft skills to read and interpretate the people on the other side of the screen.
Start: 01/11/2021 – End: 1/11/2023
Project Reference: KA220-SCH-9EC10418
EU Grant: 191.008 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation partnerships in school education
Action Type: School Education
- Ivan Cankar Primary School (Croatia)
- Youth Europe Service (Italy)
- COLEGIUL NATIONAL SPIRU HARET (Romania)
- MINE VAGANTI NGO ( Italy )
- Van İl MilliEğitim Müdürlüğü (Turkey)
Cybersafetyaims at preparing the young people aged 13-18 yo with the right set of tools toengage and recognize episodes of cyberbullying and how to get out of those situations. Indoing so, it will also prepare teachers and professor to face the topic and to engage withteenagers on the risks of the online world
-Teachers who will be involved in the JointStaff Mobility
-Indirect one: students, schools’ staff members and communities
- To raise awareness about Cyberbullying among teenagers
- To provide teachers with skills and competences for preventing and fight Cyberbullying
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
The project is innovative in terms of the approach and methodology put in place to tackle theproblem of cyber-bullyismamong youths.The project aims at developing a highquality trainingformat (R1) directed toteachers, which will benefit from theNFE methods and strategies forthe development of skills of the teachers, who can have a meaningful role in theprevention ofcyber bullyism.
The main advantage of non-formal education is its flexibility and ability to adapt to individualpeople’s current needs and the continual changes in society. It can support personaldevelopment, as well as improve an individual’s professional skills.
- 1 Training Format for teachers to be trained with NFE methods in order to better engagewith teenagers on the topics of cyberbullying and how to prevent it and fight it
- 1 set of short cartoons (2-5 mins) to explain the danger of cyberbullying and how torecognize it and prevent it. Each partner will present the storyline for 5 short-cartoons
- 1 app that will work as a storage of information on how to recognize Cyber-bullying andwith the possibility to enter a chat with a youth operator that would offer support